Friday, February 3, 2017

Where to brgin...

This is a picture of my grandmother Myrtle Blanch Hartman, my mother Hennrieta Estelle,
my great grandmother Estella Mae Copple, "Bayly", Bruce and myself Werna Gail Berkey,
"Schuyler", Massey .This must have been taken before Dec.6, 1950 becaues that is when Stella
 as we all called her, passed on.
This will be a starting point, I wish to record as much as I can from the information that I have
acquired over the past year from Ancestry.com.
I will start with myself as I know more about myself than I do anyone else.

I was born Aug. 9, 1943 in St. Johns Hospital in Springfield, Ill.  My mothers doctor was
Dr. Tolbert F. Hill. I was one of the 2,300 babies he delivered. He lived within a few days
of his 108 th birthday. I weighed in at 7# 13oz., born at 12 noon. My only defect was on my
right foot. The second and third toes were webbed. Mother was going to have them seperated,
however my father said, "leave them, mine are that way and it is not a problem". Maybe not for
him but for a litlle girl that wanted to wear sandles it was a "big deal". Now at the age on 73,
not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment